We make emergency relief payments usually to a maximum of £120.
Priority is given to those:
- who are destitute or have no income or benefits
- who are particularly vulnerable
- where amounts up to £120 will make a major difference
Grants are NOT made
- to cover debt
- to pay scholarships, university or college fees
- to individuals living outside the United Kingdom
- to projects run by other charities, except for a small number of projects in other parts of the world from funds raised specifically for those projects.
How to Apply
Applications may be made by letter or online by completing the application form.
It is not essential, but it is better if an application is made through a recognised organisation. The organisation will have seen the applicant and will be able to confirm that any payment will be used for the purpose requested.
The circumstances that give rise to the application should be set out and details of access the applicant has to any funds should be given.
It is also important to demonstrate what makes the person vulnerable and how a payment will make a major difference.
The payee (the person to whom the payment cheque is payable) should be given.
Some individual applicants may not have a bank account and may find a charge is made to cash a cheque.
The Officers only meet once a month to decide on the allocation of funds, so cannot respond immediately to peoples needs for funds. We reply to everyone who applies as soon as possible after that, either by email or letter.
You can either fill in the form below and it will be sent directly or you can download the application form here. Once this form is complete you can send it by post or email to the Administrator, Mrs G Mason.
Postal Address: 6 Newlands Road, Darlington, Co Durham, DL3 9JL.